Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Be oblivious to material madness

What does it take to leave excitement out the door and lead a peaceful life? Leave out the good and bad energy, and also forget that there is a world out there. With maddening competition and milestones - did you go to this reputed school.. under grad or grad? What about Ph. D have you thought about it? do you own a house in this city..? are you very outdoorsy? do you make intelligent use of your spare time? do you plan on your masters soon enough? does your designation and pay scale compare to this society's benchmark? are you a size zero? are you a six pack stud guy? are you well versed in rocket science viz-a-viz hardware & software design? what have you accomplished this year? still haven't been to NY? why do you spend so much/little? If you are in the States, there are also traditional grueling questions about your visa and green card progress and tax money. I know. And the list never ends. Say you have answers to all of the questions above. AND. you are gleaming because you think you have successfully annoyed this society back. The list shall continue to haunt you in a different format - is your child a brain wizard? your parents know to use iPad? Now…you get my drift here, don’t you?

What if I don’t want to accomplish anything mentioned above and still lead a peaceful life? When did it become a crime to lead my life my way? It’s an opportunist’s world out there. Make use of your life's circumstances to account for accomplishments. That’s the rule of life now. And I am not blaming others who like to run this race, with a cheerful face. Please. By all means, go for it. I am nobody to judge others. All I am saying is that I do not want to participate in this chase. And oh, I do have one question in return to this society. When will you stop asking these questions? Yes, I do know the answer. Never.

 
More this world thrusts these material questions and remarks, the more I tend to resolve out of it. There is excitement of some sort in chasing it. I tend to feel more of negative energy in doing so. On the contrary, it’s blissful to remain unaffected in this crazy life chase. Learn to relinquish control of your physical being. To stand steady on your feet. Neither strive to achieve material milestones nor look down at someone and feel blessed. I'd love to be in that state. Its trance. Have I been like that before? Ofcourse I have. We all have. We just do not realize it. We do not realize how calming it can be.


My days of inner peace were in the past. I did not like to talk. I only liked to reflect on my thoughts and digest everything that the world threw on me. Time becomes standstill, endless, real and forever in this state. Transcends beyond everything. There is no over exuberant display of anything. All of my thoughts are unsaid and felt inside. It doesn't mean I am not passionate about someone/something/life. But there is just less talking and more reflecting on the subject. There is thorough understanding of at least the closer ones in our lives. How wonderful it must be if we can stop communicating via some medium and only reflect on each other’s thoughts. I am already breaking this phenomenon by communicating my thoughts here in this page. Eh, who cares? I am no longer that person. It’s my intent to go back to being that person. Oblivion to material madness.


What's difficult about being in this state? More than the needed motivation, it’s the pressure to compete and prove your worth to this society. As I register my thoughts here, there is awareness that I am not required to compete. But I am left with no choice sometimes or should I say I succumb to the negative excitement. The societal pressure. I have to show my face. I have to be in the limelight, trying to impress someone.

One can get through with a materialistic lifestyle and I am not going to talk about that. But one can also get through life emotionally OR spiritually. Former helps you resolve issues with your mind and latter with your consciousness. In either case, one can accomplish life’s everyday deeds only based on free will. I am not against going with the crowd. I prefer to do things that carry some meaning and value in my head. Not the society’s free will but just mine. At any point in time, I don’t want to be leading your life and you, mine.

Enjoy the power of NOW to realize what lies beyond – love and peace. I don’t have to lose my fun filled identity to practice this. I can be the person that my friends and family relate to and like to hang out with. And I can still practice this conscious way of leading life. Try to be compassionate and strive to act selfless.

I love this quote by Sadhguru (Isha): When you have fewer needs for your own, you will be capable of enormous love and act selfless.

Some food for thought, aye.


PS: Just some ramblings from my diary, I am not a retard.