Sunday, December 5, 2010

Enge Enathu Kavithai

Kandukonden Kandukonden (KK) was an eye candy film with such stellar star-cast, camera, costumes and music. Keeshtu Gaanam was (is?) a shop in Madurai where we used to purchase audio cassettes then…. They used to create these custom duped cassettes; I don’t know if that was legal? My cassette used to have KK and Sangamam back-to-back. That was one hellish bundle of songs. I felt like crying after watching Sangamam visuals, how horrifying it must have been to musicians? KK wasn’t a great movie so to say. But on the contrary, it was such a refreshing experience.

Also in 2000, there was this family event in a temple. Bharathi, my sis (okay in reality my cousin), was wearing this very beautiful pattu pudavai. And I didn’t have the stature to wear pudavai then :( I was wearing paavadai thaavani. There is a very similar shot in KK - a temple scene. We were chit-chatting and mentioned to ourselves that she was Tabu and I was Aish. We felt heavenly! Okay I hear all of you scream out loud – nenepu dan pozhappa kedukum. Agreed, so let’s move on. It just felt nice to relive those moments!

This song is such a toughie and I've given my best shot!

View Comments on Muziboo


Song: Enge Enathu Kavithai
Movie: Kandukonden Kandukonden
Originally sung by: KS Chitra (GOD)
Lead vocals: Revathi
Chorus: Vasanth