Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year - Ilamai Itho Itho

Song: Ilamai Itho Itho
Movie: Sagalakalavallavan
Originally sung by: SP Balasubramanyam
Cover by: Vasanth





View Comments on Muziboo

One of my all time favs of Balu, the great. Solely for its spirit, Balu's style & energy. In my opinion there is no new year song that can match the verve this song carries.

This song is special for few reasons. It takes me back to college days. I was very keen on getting into the college band, I tried few songs during auditions and nothing seemed to impress the guy who was conducting it. Finally this song got me in the band and I remained an active contributor through my college years. My first performance of this song was for some show at a village near Trichy. At the end, this guy came up to the stage, hugged me and said it sounded just like original. Though he was drunk so much he could barely walk, I still took that as a compliment. ;)

Next time I performed this song in my wedding reception, this was the wind up song and I sang the last stanza. It came out well and since then every other wedding reception has this finale song. Now I am so used to singing 'Hi XYZ Wishing you happy married life'

I thoroughly enjoyed recording this number, hope you do listening. Please leave your valuable comments

A very happy new year to all!

Vasanth